Saturday, April 16, 2022

#9201 (District 2)



This post concludes my project of walking each side of every street and photographing all 596 precincts as mapped by the city in 2012. I think this involved something like 2400 miles of attentive walking, though I didn't measure distances because, at the beginning of the project, I didn't consider it exercise. As my body has deteriorated of late, I've been forced to shorten the walking segments, so the roughly 52 street miles in the Presidio took me a couple of months to complete. 

It's a satisfying feeling, when getting about the city, to be able to say, "I've been everywhere." And no -- I'm not going to start over when the Redistricting Task Force finally completes the new maps for 2022.

5 comments:

  1. What a great accomplishment!. I have loved seeing your pictures and I will miss them. I'm sure it's a huge relief to know you have finished this. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic accomplishment, Jan! Congratulations on completing it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing! I'm so impressed. How are you going to celebrate?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done!! Some of those hills-yikes!!

    ReplyDelete